seeking the wild of the everyday

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

-death by landscape- pt I

dearest gentle readers-
we went on an adventure.
we sought the wilderness.
we craved exposure to the craggy jagged shoreline and her abundance of mysteries.


this post series is aptly titled after my favorite short story by m. atwood.

i foolishly tried to post everything on to one blog, wasted time sorting pictures, and then i quit. 
i'm starting over: keeping it short, small, and organized.

greens, blues, and greys.

butano state park, inland from pescadero. oaks buffering between scrubby sunny meadows and shadowed redwood forests.


home fort.

wandering.

treasures and trinkets.

ferns and moss and little boys; the redwoods have been the same since the dinosaurs.


fire watcher. i've got myself another flapper. i would sneak into the forest's shadows to gather  moldy, decayed branches, hopping over mossy logs; brushing my fingers over every tree i passed, breathing in our collective breath.

peachy peachy boy. :) see that sweet plum sweater? well, i had forgotten to pack a sweater. this is absolutely ludicrous considering we were spending a few weeks by the foggy coast, not to mention my highly prized collection (hoard) of ugly/awesome sweaters left untouched at home. luckily there was a salty little thrift shop in pescadero where i located this one suitable fleece, which i would wear daily.





meeting these friends.

filling my eyes on the drive.

what fine, fine friends i have. xoxo

1 comment:

  1. ooooo exciting stuff can't wait for the other blogs. such a lovely trip so far. That first photo is such a dream path. wish I was walking on it now. Such magic in the woods. treasures aplenty!! you got some cute ones. but I got to say linkys face is stinking priceless in every photo!! I love it!! what a moose. I really love one where you are standing and holding the big lug bug. all of your outfits are prime!!! It is such a shame you left such beautiful sweaters at home. but glad you found something to keep you cozy and warm. the perfect trip would have been a nightmare for me if I was cold the whole time. We really should be happy shining smiling people all the time. we live in such a crazy amazing place. thanks for sharing these photos and I want MORE!! love you my dear one and love you and your two boys and a baby xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete