seeking the wild of the everyday

Friday, September 28, 2012

oh my, five alive

teddy. he's five today.



happy birthday to a boy who loves to see things float, sink, roll, and fly.
happy birthday to a boy who said, "mom, titanic is my favorite movie. seriously."

happy birthday to a little guy who has stuck with me through some interesting times.


happy birthday to a kid that debates me on every single subject i bring up: tv, sugar consumption, sprawl, gasoline, you name it.

happy birthday to teddy, who asks more questions about subjects that usually don't interest me and i don't know the answers to, but can usually look them up on the internet. (car, rocket, spaceship, ship, tugboat, train, and light rail sizes/dimensions/speeds/etc..)

and things like: which is stronger? a hurricane or a tornado?

teddy, you put up with a lot.

and i think you've lived more in five years than most your age.

you were born on a day just like today: pleasant and bright just before the rains.

you are a special boy, handsome and smart.

plays all day

is home among dust and rocks

sends flowers down little streams



he's gigantic.....how did he used to be my baby?

asks to play hide and seek every day

shaping up to be a loving brother


3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to my brilliant beautiful TEDDY! I love that kid. Jarom could answer some of those weather questions for him. loving those pretty pictures. Teddy is a kid with a smile that can light up the sky. I love you teddy and I liked my two peeks at Link too. what cute brothers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a great kid, a wonderboy indeed. happy birthday teddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time flies - your boy looks very sweet and cute. :)

    ReplyDelete