seeking the wild of the everyday

Saturday, February 4, 2012

happiness is a green winter..

 an art museum fav: tiny ceramic pots. i used my wedding ring as a size reference.
 aka: the gratuitous photo post.






diana representing the gang at the crocker art museum. mlk jr day, live gospel choirs. it was wonderful.

 the mexican grandmother i never had, teaching me how to make tamales.

mushroom hunts in the rainy woods.

me and teddy's suburban foraged bounty for the day. we rescue our favorite earth worm friends from rainy street gutters and lovingly throw them into the compost bin.

see that cradle? my dad built it, and 11 of my siblings slept in it. it'll be our bed's side sleeper for a bit.
 teddy's pants, his choice. i'm on foot these days. i also like to pretend that the suburban plantings are a natural forest.

another day: diana helps me make paper for my blessing invites. she once sat upon and sewed up her dog's wound with floss, so yeah, she's pretty independent.
 george castanza's head, as well as tyler's. i just love our xtra long 2nd hand couch.

yes, there are two cockatiels in my kitchen. ask tyler about that one. (amusement is a cheap form of happiness.)

received these second hand... the shoes are in good condition but that mouse has gotta go. i think i'll replace the patches with a simple pine tree or something.

granola, with extra almonds and pumpkin seeds. baking keeps the kitchen warm. ;)

teddy assists me in my maternal fashion jumpsuit shots.

 another yes, these baby blue eyes are blooming near the street, and they make me so happy.

not to mention the CALIFORNIA POPPIES! sunshine in my heart. we walk a bit just to go and visit them.


green grass underneath the palest purple grey.

we flush out jack rabbits and squeaking pheasants, our nearest wild friends among the sprawl.

my favorite person. thinking about seeing his face as he holds our new born son for the first time.


teddy helping me turn old moldy art papers into envelopes.
catching teddy "reading" quietly away from the "crowd," (me and tyler.)

once upon a time, early in my pregnancy, kale and i stopped getting along. we have yet to reconcile, so this batch will be baked into non-kale-like kale chips. that tyler will end up eating.

dang stinkin' handsome in the february sun.

wearing these humpty dumpty bad boys while reading my friend's blog about stretchy pants. here.    this is how we do it.

trees not knowing that winter is really coming sometime in march, and their blossoming beauty will be short lived...unless climate change is for real this year, and then no, it won't get cold.

beardilocks, and sunset walks...even with a pronounced waddle. he doesn't waddle.

i dont think i really need a caption for this one, other than: home made fudge sheet cake. completely gone. scraped pan.

today: free sac museum day. we graced the one that had airplanes. teddy then told me he was going to be a train driver when he got big. okay teddy.




soon: blogs about nature and place of birth, the birthday boy (28!), and sisters. hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. ha!! i want to comment on every single photo of pure awesomeness!!!! i love you and miss you that couch rocks and so does teds style!! love you bunches

    ReplyDelete