seeking the wild of the everyday

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

celebrating womanhood

some enjoying the bounty of the potluck
 and the ability to create life!


last friday family and friends gathered to eat and connect and ultimately acknowledge my wonderful new hugeness.
there was a new baby in attendance, as well as two other growing glowing ladies! the mood was happy and loving and i am so excited to have shared the evening in such a pleasant, conscious manner. 
ahem, my two true bff's. mackenzie and diana. thank you for being there for me!

the women each took a turn introducing themselves and their woman heritage via tea light. :)


good laughs were shared, women beading the necklace and explaining their thoughts behind the beads they chose.

don't i look so happy?

natalie is an artist

humans of all ages welcome, of course.

i hope patsy doesn't mind me posting this; ladies getting artistic with henna that teddy and i prepared the day before

julia, diana, natalie, grizzly. so glad you were there!

i asked my guests to bring a bead that symbolized their feelings about motherhood/womanhood. i love this necklace. i don't think i could ever find a more beautiful or unique piece of jewelry, as it was composed by many different lovely people.  it's interesting to me that the majority of the beads are blue. it's open to interpretation. :) one even came in the mail from my dear sister in law angie!
having a handful of my sisters there made it all the more wonderful!
i grow strong from these ladies. every human that walks this planet came from a woman, and i like that. motherhood means life. xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, just really wonderful party. Tell Tyler the oreo balls are amazing and worth breaking my no-sweets streak for February (don't worry, I'm back on track). I'm so glad I was able to make it for your special woman/en party. Next thing you know there will be a baby in your arms...and it will be all yours...and Ty's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was so fun dolly, such a great experience...especially as far as "baby showers" go! sorry i had to hurry, i really wanted a henna tattoo. you are going to have another beautiful and well rounded child, can't wait to see him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. doli!! i got a comput!! i love you and i love that fuzzy peach you have. i soooooooo can't wait to hold that bundle of heaven!!! much love to you sis. mom told me you having your babe at home was the worest thing you have ever done. sory, you got a fill me is sista. miss yu tons xoxo

    ReplyDelete