seeking the wild of the everyday

Monday, June 16, 2014

loom: the woven colors of june

(post this just real quick like, as i've got big ideas condensing in my head for this summer.)

it's impossible not to get drunk on these eternal purple evenings.

we become water people.
and stay up late.

do you, you? feel like i do?? (frampton, of course.)




yellow grass taller than me.

lake boy.



breakfast at grandma's.


healthy soil, mmm mmmm mmmmmmm. it's alive and sentient. look at those mycorrhizae neurons!

what the best days look like.


klamath weed, st john's wort, hypericum perforatum. 

can you spy my little fluffy?

chorus.

the yuba, near n. san juan. didgeridoo, clothing optional. i met a nude witch named starlight compost. i didn't tell her that i was planning on naming myself after compost. :) it was like a mirror into my future. visiting a self-sufficient, open-minded, corporate free community makes me realize how much i miss not living 100% aligned with my higher ideals. i drive back home into the mainstream, lined with billboards and walmarts.

turquoise yuba.

o shilo, my flower farmer princess. she spent ONE FULL DAY with me and my two kids, including driving, hunger, tiredness, sand, snacks, hiking, fighting, and just washed glass doors..... a true friend.


may's blooms

and june's in a higher altitude: wild azalea at bridalveil. 

kinda fun, kinda creepy. american river.

neon reflection

homegurl.

don't worry, we didn't pay. we just wandered around as it was closing and let linky run and shriek with delight.



practicing cooking fuel-free! building a wooden cooker! more on this later!! ignore the plastic bottles of chemicals. what a juxtaposition.

the summer bounty is the wonder of wonders. elderberries. 

the sweetest of sweetnesses.

the last of the sierra lilies at my folk's.

flowers lead such focused lives; not a moment wasted. harvest brodiaea.

my little lovey dovey.

sweet pea/s.

the sweetest.

remember punnett squares? recessive.

i get really excited about tart/sweet things that grow from water and sun. nerd alert. 



micah creepin' in the shadows


five days til the solstice and the sky is on fire!

prayers for litha! i hope everyone is feasting and celebrating in the ways that feel best! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. okay kittens and plums, babies and rivers and swings and wild flowers, oh my girl, you make my heart pitter patter! love every single little detail here, from your beautiful beads to the rampant sweet pea to the bright lights of the fair. (we didn't go this year. we petered out. i felt bad because i knew how much lucy would love it, glad link got to take that on.) anyway there is one word haunting me from this post, and it is: sentient. in description of the soil. an idea that has never occurred to me and i had to go back and make sure i read you right, and then look at that photo, really look, as the idea mesmerized my brain. could soil be sentient? i don't know, but i love the thought. june is a tantalizing time. i am ashamed to say that i just had to to look at my calendar while reading your post to see how close we really are to solstice...wHATT?! it's here upon us. no wonder the girls wake up so early and go to bed so late. no wonder i can walk long and strong past 9 pm outside with my babe in flipflops in balmy air and my skin still sticky with summer sweat. what are you doing for solstice? maybe we need to gather together, throw some blossoms in the air, let sticky juices run down our chins, dip into some cool water and hold babies in our tired, tan, happy arms.

    ReplyDelete